Opened in April 1915 as the ‘Raby Picture House’ to entertain the troops billeted in the Town, and named after the Town’s Perpetual Curate. In 1945 it was purchased by the Star Cinema Group and changed its name to the ‘Rodney’ after the son of one of the owners.
It continued to show films until 1964 when it was sold and became a Bingo Club. It re-opened as a Cinema in 1993, changed from film to digital projection in 2012, and upgraded to Dolby 7.1 surround sound in 2014.
In 2015 a plaque was unveiled commemorating Wetherby Film Theatre’s 100th anniversary.